“ Deschamps and his musicians take us elsewhere, to uncharted territories that music lovers will be delighted to discover."
Saxophonist and composer Benjamin Deschamps has established himself as a staple of the Canadian jazz scene with his first 3 albums: What Do We Know (2014), Demi-Nuit (2017) and No Codes (2018). He has successfully presented his music across Canada, performing at several jazz festivals across the country and in France.
His new project, Augmented Reality (2021), takes a more electric, powerful and lyrical direction. Deschamps is inspired by the works of musicians who are fond of this fiery jazz, such as Donny McCaslin and Ben Wendel. This new album is introspective, more robust, more mature, but just as ingenious as the previous ones.
Benjamin has received many accolades over the past few years, including the TD Grand Prize of the Montreal International Jazz Festival (2019), the JPL Victo Jazz Grand Prize (2019) and the Radio-Canada Révélation Jazz Award (2017-2018).
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Montreal International Jazz Festival’s TD Grand Award – 2019
- JPL Victo Jazz Grand Award – 2019
- Nominated for Prix Opus, category Concert of the year – Jazz (No Codes) – 2018-2019
- “Révélation” Radio Canada Jazz – 2017-2018
- Nominated for the Halifax Jazz Festival Stingray Rising Star Award – 2018
- Montreal Arts Council Jazz Creation Award– 2016
- Rimouski Jazz Festival Grand Award – 2013
UNFINISHED BUSINESS | LIVE SESSION
July 2021 | Maison de la culture Mercier
Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about new music and upcoming shows.
COMMUNICATION AND PR
LESSONS AND OTHER REQUESTS